[CS-FSLUG] VERY, VERY IMPORTANT ALERT!!!!!!!

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Wed Oct 13 12:43:54 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 17:25, Frank Bax wrote:
> At 05:29 PM 10/12/04, Fred Miller wrote:
> >The current definitions for Symantec AntiVirus can detect but NOT
> >remove this malicious software!!
>
> This is as it should be.  Why would AntiVirus software be expected to
> remove spyware?  They are different threats.  I have seen several spyware
> threats that NAV has detected and not removed.  When Norton/Symantec comes
> out with AV-AS software, then it can be expected to remove spyware threats.
>
> Frank

I don't see why antivirus software couldn't remove spyware as well as viruses
etc. I realized this when had to setup a windows computer to my friend and
she wanted to know why she needed a different programs for spyware and
viruses. I couldn't give her a good answer - aren't customers just happy if
they could do all cleaning with one program?

Blessings,
Jukka