[CS-FSLUG] Short Survey - On-Line Banking w/ Free Software

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 04:47:41 CST 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:28:29 -0500, David <david at davidcentral.net> wrote:
> On Friday 19 November 2004 06:43 pm, Don Parris wrote:
> > I'd like to know something about Linux users' experience with on-line
> > banking.  I plan to talk with my bank (as an advocate) about the issue, so
> > your input would be very helpful.
> >
> > (1) How much of a problem is on-line banking for users of free & open
> > source software? (scale of 1-5, with 5 being worst case)
>
> I've had no problems whatsoever using Konqueror and online banking.
> >
> > (2) What is the biggest problem you've experienced?
>
> None, I just wish there was alternatives other than Quicken. (which I don't
> use, but most banks are Quicken oriented from what I've seen.)
> >
> > (3) Would you switch to a bank that opened its doors to free software users
> > (i.e., compatibility with GnuCash, etc.)
>
> I don't know of any banks that are compatible with GnuCash, but I wouldn't
> switch banks just for that purpose.
>

> David M.

1) 1 (I use browser-based online-banking)

2)  Only problem I have had (long time ago) was when my favourite
browser was not supported.

3) As long as there is a possibility to use browser-based services - no.

Btw. Any idea what is the difference/advantages between special
online-banking software (like Quicken or GnuCash) or browser-based
services?

Blessings,
Jukka