[CS-FSLUG] Successful MythTV Install

Daniel Miller sound.the.shofar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 02:29:38 CST 2004

I've tried about every major distro out there.  I prefer Gentoo and
Slack over most.  I was just checking to see if any of you have pulled
off the whole PVR/MythTV bit.

Red Hat, ah the days before blue curve.  (6.X-7.3)  I think someone
forgot to put mothballs in the closet though...

Mandrake has always been a little too much bloat.

Suse and I have never played nice together.  But, I may end up giving
9.2 a shot...

Deb isn't too bad.

But, as I mentioned before this is for a PVR.  I don't have a VCR
anymore, as my kids and their friends decided putting Capri Sun
pouches inside both of the VCR's would be more interesting than
watching a video.

Well, I will let you know what I try and what works.

Blessings,
Daniel Miller