[CS-FSLUG] Digital recording

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 13 12:32:02 CST 2004

Robert W. wrote:

[snip]

> That's exactly it.  Space and cost are the big constraints.  So right
> now I'm looking at laptops and slim line PC's.  I wondered if there
> might be some pre-built solutions available.

Mini-itx! http://www.mini-itx.com/ have a look at some of the ones
built, they can either be tiny or very neat looking :-) .

Look for the gumstix

When I get a job one of the first thing I want to do is make two or
three of these things and get a KVM switch, that way I can run Ark Linux
on one computer, a stable Linux distro on another computer and windows
on either one of the two computers plus then I'd build a backup server
with a raid setup so if one of the hard drives fails I won't lose
everything. All I need to do now is pick out a design I like :-)

http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
http://ntws01.blogspot.com/