[CS-FSLUG] PD: Diary Bombshell: Kerry Met With Terrorists

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 17:33:18 CST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:07:30 -0500, Fred Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Monday November 8 2004 5:54 pm, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> > > Why should a man need a reason to not show the world his diary?
> >
> >       I was wondering that as well. If the story is true, it is somewhat
> > disturbing, but there is no reason it needed to be public knowledge to
> > begin with and what someone did 30 years ago does not seem to be
> > rationally helpful in a presidential race much be it good for the
> > candidate (Kerry's talk about being heroic in Vietnam) or bad
> > (something like this).
>
> I disagree! It shows just how UNtrustworthy he is, for starters!
>
> Fred

In all fairness, Fred, we do need to consider the context of the
meeting.  Obviously, it doesn't look good.  However, appearances
aren't everything.  The terrorists might have been interested in
defecting to the US.  If something like that was omitted, then readers
are misled - intentionally or not.  Not one word of the report at
Newsmax suggests what the meeting was about - just that it happened.

I was unable to find the quote referenced at Newsweek, but that
doesn't necessarily mean anything, either.  As some folks say, it'll
all come out in the wash.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist