[CS-FSLUG] Consider this before you vote!!

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:26:49 CST 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:41:23 -0500, Fred Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Monday November 1 2004 11:15 pm, Bradly McConnell wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:24:38 -0500, Aaron Patrick Lehmann
> >
> > <lehmanap at cs.purdue.edu> wrote:
> > > that have committed murder, treason, or
> > > are soldiers of a country with which mine is at war, because these are
> > > the current Biblical sanctions our society uses (although I'm not sure
> > > about the treason one; is it Biblical?).
> >
> > If you consider the person committing treason to be an enemy of the
> > country, then yes, in my opinion they fall in with the soldier aspect.
> >  Where is the line drawn for the definition of "soldier" though.
> > Uniformed military is an easy one, but what about the situation in
> > Mogadishu a while back, with women and children firing at U.S.
> > soldiers.  In my opinion, they would constitute an opposing force, or
> > enemy.  The way I look at it is "are they a threat to my life, or
> > another military persons life?"   This may seem harsh, but if it's me
> > or them, it will be them.
>
> Unfortunately, this is true. I don't want to kill, but would if need be.
>
> Fred

You know, Dad (hospital chaplain) never left a doubt that anyone
coming into our house uninvited wouldn't live long enough to regret
it. ;)  I've often said the same thing.  Chip off the old block, I
reckon. :)  Oddly though, I'm generally a pacifist.

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/
gnumathetes at gmail.com