Java (was: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Back to Mandrake)

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Wed May 26 09:03:00 CDT 2004

I've been using Java for 3 years, I've got a better way to install it.

I tried to write a script albeit sometimes it doesn't work but I only just
wrote it last night as I was setting up Java. Once you've installed the Java
rpm you simply run this script and assuming you only have one folder
in /usr/java/ (which should be the case unless you have more then one Java
kit installed) it should set Java up properly.

See the attachment for the script, feel free to help me improve the script but
remember I am not very good at shell scripting (I don't have a book on it
yet :-) ).