[CS-FSLUG] What Happened to Nautalus

K Montgomery keltik at albany.edu
Tue May 25 07:26:11 CDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 12:55 -0500, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> > And Naulilus looks 'spatial' now, as it is called.
> > There are no back/up/reload buttons anymore; it's just
> > icons and folders and apps. Weird, especially coming
> > from the well refined nautilus of Gnome 2.5 series.
> > All that work gone ... almost.
>
> 	I can't recall exactly how, but I think if you go into gconf_edit you
> can restore the other view. I know it is possible.

Just found out today how to do it:

Open the GConf editor* and set the following
key: /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser

Now I have no excuse for switching to CLAW.... (just kidding!)

- Kathy

* I noticed GConf Editor is in my menu under System -> Configuration->
Gnome -> Advanced (I have Mandrake 10), but it doesn't appear if I open
the Gnome Control Center and go to Advanced.  Executable
is /usr/bin/gconf-editor, I believe.