[CS-FSLUG] What Happened to Nautalus

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 03:14:36 CDT 2004

Well,

> > I wonder if I could make a version of the CLAW
> > that is 'spatial'? It would be cool to try. I'd
> > probably start from scratch, though.
>
> I visited your site and read about CLAW-filemanager
> you have been writing. Does it work well? Do you use
it
> yourself or is still more like a programming
> project for you?

The CLAW filemanager is a python + gtk browser I've
been toying with. I've gotton some feedback from
Germany and Italy mainly, and have made some
improvements. However, I don't know where to go with
it. That's why I spent some time making a browser from
scratch, called The SMACK Down file manager. It was
just something I threw together yesterday in some
spare time to show a guy on #pygtk (ircd.gimp.org)
what I though nautilus had gone to. From 2000 lines of
code to 500 lines (as I would guess from looking at
it).

Does it work? Yes. Do I use it? A mighty yes. I've
gotten used to using it, with all it's limitations and
such. I was thinking about redesigning it from
scratch, employing alot time saving and code cuttin
techniques that I have learned. I documented it well
enough.

If you want to take a peek at it, and have pygtk 2.2
installed, check it out at : http://64.168.12.86/