[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Windows XP does something fishy

@ndrew andrew at dothedrew.net
Thu May 20 16:47:08 CDT 2004

I *believe*, but don't quote me on this, that Windows XP indexes files for
faster searching, etc. while you're not using your computer. Depending on
your configuration, it could also be downloading/installing Windows updates.
Or, assuming it's similar to Windows 95/98, it could be doing a few other
things:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;146630&FR=1&PA=1&SD=
HSCH

--