[CS-FSLUG] Babel? Oh my ...

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Mon May 17 23:56:41 CDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 11:17:09AM -0400, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
[...]
> Weird, isn'it?

Wow, that was quite a process!

I just fixed an issue that has been bothering me for a while.  The past
couple of days postfix has been deferring all my mail and at the same
time delievering it.  Thus I had mail for several days constantly being
redelivered every few minutes.  Needless to say my inbox filled up very
quickly.  Couldn't figure out what the problem was since I hadn't
changed anything in the configuration files.

So, I deleted every trace of the postfix I had installed many moons ago
from source.  I grabbed a package off linuxpackages.net and installed
it.  After fiddling around with the permissions for the
/var/spool/postfix directory I was able to get the postfix daemon up and
running.  Yeah!

Now for the test, any deferred emails?  I did at first, but now I
haven't been getting any...?!  Oh, and to make matters really fun I
didn't realize that the /usr/sbin/sendmail binary wasn't put there by
the postfix package so I kept getting an error that sendmail wasn't
working.  So, after much googling and punching myself in the face I
tried moving /usr/sbin/sendmail and made a symlink from
/usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix (which was in the package) to
/usr/sbin/sendmail...works like a charm!  :-)

These are the woes of the postfix admin (me) for the past few days and
I'm glad to say all is well[*].

[*] I HOPE!!!!

Brian  :-)

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7