[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Megahurtz Race

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Thu May 13 19:48:49 CDT 2004

At 11:11 PM 5/10/04, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
>What was the megahertz speed of your first computer?

First two computers were so called "portables" because they had handles -
but they didn't have batteries!
1) Compaq Plus - 286.
2) IBM PS/2 model 70  386 - orange plasma screen.

I don't know the Mhz of either one.  Guess what - I still have them
both!  Because of questions on another mailing list, I even booted them
both up earlier this week!!

>  What is the speed of your present computer?

600Mhz P3 laptop.

>Have you ever owned a system with a "performance rating" instead of a MHz
>rating?

No.

>Do you check your system speed to see if it really is running at the
>advertised speed?

No, if BIOS reports correct speed, I'm happy.  I don't check with software.

Frank