[CS-FSLUG] Convenience or Conviction?

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Mon May 10 17:55:27 CDT 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 07:21 am, Brian Derr wrote:
> Well, I suppose my question is, is that even a question then?  I would
> imagine that most, if not all, Bible believing, Christ following
> Christians would already know this as fact.  Looking at the church at
> large we are a sad lot of people.  The statistics in our country (USA)
> about the percentage of people that "are Christian," or "believe in
> God," or "go to church" show that something like 80% fall into this
> category.  While I would love to believe it I find it hard to believe
> that 80% of America is a Bible believing Christian.  The divorce rate
> among the "church" is something like 52%, how can this be if we know
> that the *only* Biblical reason for divorce is adultery?  Because a
> majority of the people that go to church do it to feel good.  Is this
> news?  Not really.

True that the only biblical reason for divorce is adultery, but are the 70 to
80% of married women supposed to be married to an alcoholic, drug abuser,
abuser, child molester or murderer?

So if the woman gets away from that does that make her not a bible believing
christian?

My point is, not all christians believe 100% in what the bible says, but they
are still bible believing christians in my oppinion.

David M.