[CS-FSLUG] html/css question - <table>

@ndrew andrew at dothedrew.net
Fri May 7 14:13:05 CDT 2004

Frank,

I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for, but... The CSS "margin" attribute
is roughly comparable to a table's cellspacing. Other things you can do:

background-color: #006699;
border: 1pt solid #808080; (saves typing border-width, border-style, etc.
:-)

You can specify a width as well, but I'm not sure you can specify it as a
percent. Also, remember that using, say:

tr { padding: 10px; background-color: #999999; color: #ffffff; }

Will change the padding, & c., for each and EVERY row on the page. Depending
on what you're doing, you may be better off with:

.row1 { padding: 10px; }

CSS is pretty cool, but I've found it a little lacking - especially when
doing complex designs (where you typically rely on a table). I think a
combination of both CSS and "old-school" HTML has the best results. :-)

--
@ndrew
andrew at dothedrew.net
http://www.dothedrew.net