[CS-FSLUG] motherboard and tower

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 21:15:22 CDT 2004

Well sir,

> So I doubt the customer is going to get a new
> processor, but still be charged
> for it from the computer warehouse or the computer
> warehouse will downgrade
> what the customer already has hoping the customer
> will not notice.
>
> Oh well, live and learn

There are warehouse stored in Oakland and Hayward
(cities opposite San Francisco on the bay) that sell
stuff straight off the boat. They just about give
stuff away (and I mean that). So I can imagine a
company ordering the parts new, but ... how shall we
say this ... they order an off brand motherboard that
cripples the pentium IV chip that sold them the board
in the first place.

Tomorrow I am heading down to a computer warehouse to
pick up some stuff for myself, and I may pay $168.00,
but for a 2.6 Ghz P4 with Asus board (LAN/Video/Audio)
with a case included. But hey, I live within reach of
the docks of San Francisco.