[CS-FSLUG] motherboard and tower

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Wed May 5 12:55:32 CDT 2004

At 01:28 PM 5/5/04, David M. wrote:
>Hey all, I got a computer in today that needs a new motherboard, and I was
>wondering if any motherboard was mountable in an exsisting tower or would I
>have to get a new tower? I've never had to change a motherboard, so I want to
>make sure everything will be ok before I proceed.
>
>The motherboard is a babyAT, and so is the original one. Will this work?

Where I typically run into a problem is with external connections.  Look at
the part of the motherboard that has keyboard, mouse, usb, serial, parallel
connections.  If that part has a different "face" to the outside, and the
face-plate you have doesn't have matching punch-outs then you are in
trouble.  Usually, the case comes with one, and many times the motherboard
comes with its own (when you get it new).

Otherwise, I believe most cases have mounts under motherboard that can be
relocated to match your motherboard.

Frank