[CS-FSLUG] Why I'm going back to Windoze and Mandrake Linux

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 26 14:16:33 CST 2004

On 26/03/04 03:05 pm, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> Eduardo Sanchez scripted ::
> >I am afraid Mandrake has some of these same problems, and my
> >experience confirms it. I would suggest you to try a Linux as
> >standard as possible, i.e., something like Debian, or Slackware.
> >Perhaps you could also try Gentoo or LFS.
>
> <chant>
> Gentoo! Gentoo! Gentoo! Gentoo!
> </chant>
>
> Nathan, it is only getting better...
>
> <yoda>
> Gentoo, the true meaning of Linux is!
> </yoda>
>
> JSR/

Does that mean Darth Vader actually works for Microsoft? ;-)

I've been wanting to try Mandrake 10.0 and Possibly Fedora Core, I'm also
planning in sticking with whatever distribution seems to work out for me
until I either decide to keep it or run into a problem I cannot fix (after
asking the group for help of course :-) ). I might not make it as far as
Gentoo or even FC if Mandrake has cleaned up their act.