[CS-FSLUG] Immodesty in the church

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Sat Jun 26 14:16:42 CDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 02:49:27PM -0400, Frank Bax wrote:
> At 08:29 AM 6/26/04, Brian Derr wrote:
> >Being a follower of Christ means _not_ conforming to the ways of the
> >world, attire is just another way we have to set ourselves apart.
>

> Exactly, but has anyone stopped to consider that although they are regular
> attenders, the offenders might not be saved, so not yet a "follower" and
> therefore should not be expected to conform to the ways of the local
> church?  Perhaps the "offended" members need to come at this from a
> different direction.  Save them first, then they will change themselves.

when i played basketball in college, one of my teammates (the best on
the team) was ... well, he had not gotten very far on the road of
sanctification.  the music to which he listened was foul, filled with
expletives and inappropriate content.  rather than chastise him and
berate him, our coach (and the college faculty and staff) allowed him
room to grow.  after a year in bible college, hearing the word of God
preached and taught, he realized (via the Spirit) that the music was not
best for him and so he changed.  he changed because the Spirit of the
Living God changed him, not because he was forced by man to conform.
--
john-thomas
------