[CS-FSLUG] DSL (Verizon) vs. Cable (RoadRunner)

K Montgomery keltik at albany.edu
Wed Jun 23 07:19:14 CDT 2004

Dear All,

Forgive me if this has been asked already -- sounds to me like the kind
of question someone would have already asked.

I currently have RoadRunner (Time Warner Cable) Internet service.
Verizon DSL just became available in my area and they're offering it for
$29.9-something a month -- about $10 cheaper than RoadRunner.

Assuming the price is what they say it is (the saleswoman seemed to
indicate it was, in response to my questions), can anyone here point me
to an objective comparison of DSL vs. cable?  Or, has anyone considered
the switch?  I'm basically doing standard home networking stuff, with
the possibility of some light server use (a personal web site) in the
future.

Thanks,
Kathy