[CS-FSLUG] QOTW #6: Computer Naming

Leon Brooks xtiansrc at leon.brooks.fdns.net
Sun Jun 20 05:31:28 CDT 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:34, Timothy Butler wrote:
> What names do you have for your computers?

Generally name them after the people using them.

I have a big black rack-mount box here which will be a server for a
local electronics supplier and which is called Zarathustra after the
theme of "2001 - a space oddyessy" (think black monoliths).

At the stage when the University of Western Australia computer club had
exactly one non-beige box (it was black too), they named it "Beige".

Cheers; Leon

--
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched
with the feeling of our infirmities;