[CS-FSLUG] Outlook addiction (was: Verizon)

Leon Brooks xtiansrc at leon.brooks.fdns.net
Thu Jun 17 23:18:31 CDT 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:30, Jerry VB wrote:
> My wife is just to Outlook Express dependent to let me convert her
> to anything else.

Try KMail, particularly the one from KDE 3.2 or later which has all of
the contact stuff to.

I hate to mention it, but Outlook also runs under any recent WINE.
There's even specific code in there to *not* honour any spawn requests
from programs called "outlook.exe". (-:

> I tried to get her to use Mozilla Mail once. She threw a fit,

I can understand that. I have one Windows-using customer whose only
sticking point is Outlook. I tried him on Mozilla Mail 'coz it ran
under MS-Windows too, and while it's a pretty reasonable email client
by itself, it lacks a couple of key features that the guy relies on.
One is a little flag to say that a particular email has been replied
to. I haven't tried again since.

To get him to try KMail, I'd more or less have to run it under Linux,
which would be too cumbersome as a dual-boot and too difficult to
reverse if not.

I note that ThunderBird imports *everything* from Outlook. You might
want to have a quiet look at that.

Personally, Outlook drives me nuts. There's so much that it simply can't
do, or does very badly.

Cheers; Leon

--
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21,
KJV