[CS-FSLUG] Found a distribution

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Jun 17 22:34:02 CDT 2004

I think I'm sticking with Mandrake 10.0 believe it or not, I installed the
kernel source and managed to get the NVidia drivers working, I heard that
XMMS was getting deprecated from some distributions (like Ark) but I've got
Noatun set up the way I want it and I've got the media control applet in KDE
so who needs XMMS! :-)

I think I've got everything working the way it should, this is IMO the best
Mandrake release I've ever seen and since I did a clean install this time
(unlike the last time) everything seems to work perfectly. I've dropped the
idea of purchasing a distribution that has more then one release every year
so if I do end up sticking with Mandrake long enough I think I'll also save
for a basic Mandrake Club membership so I can download the CD's instead of
buying them, that way I'll also be supporting the company and getting my
developer tools for a good price :-) .

You can see a screenshot of my stunning desktop here:
http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/mdk10/mandrake100-1.png
its 1.3 Mb though and its hosted on Geocities so get a good look at it before
Geocities decides I've reached my bandwidth limit, you can also mirror it if
you want.