[CS-FSLUG] QOTW #6: Computer Naming

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Jun 17 08:03:37 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 01:34, Timothy Butler wrote:
> Ok, so I haven't been very good at keeping this up once again... but I'm
> gonna keep it going. Hopefully, I'll get the QOTW back to Monday next
> week with a question contributed to me by David McGlone. But this week,
> I'm going to base it on a question Flip asked me about my computers. As
> always feel free to answer below or perhaps take this question and use
> it for a meme on your own blog.
>
> What names do you have for your computers?

:-) These are always fun...

The servers here at the college are named after old testament
characters. Ruth, Abraham, Isaac, etc... We just installed
Nebachanezzar, though that name may change.

At home, I"m rather drab. Names like Lombard for my new PowerBook G3
Lombard and Penguin for my Linux workstation. My wireless SSID is my
street address so someone enjoying it will now that I'm inviting them to
have at it. :-)

I've thought about naming my routers after C.S. Lewis' The Lion, The
Witch and the Wardrobe characters. The new Cisco 1601 is named aslan. I
have yet to name my other routers.

JSR/