[CS-FSLUG] OfB.biz: A Tiny Hindrance

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 01:14:11 CDT 2004

Indeed,

http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=308

My school uses Windows NT boxes in the testing center.
The testing center uses a web interface for the tests.
I was thinking about suggesting 3 very valuable
improvements!

1) Get some larger that 14 inch monitors donated (the
offices have 17 inch flat screens and the lab
computers have 17 inch CRT's). Some of the older
people could sure use the extra size.

2) Standardize the mice, like get some mice with
scroll wheels. Gollie, I had to show that dude how to
use the computer today, and it would have been alot
easeir with a scroll wheel, not a three button mouse,
a two button mouse of some other Frankenstein donated
from the goodwill.

3) Ditch that crappy, old platform and get on with
Linux. The servers are using Linux, why not update the
machines? They are just web terminals after all. I'd
put Cobind on them, thus restricting the use of the
machines to their intended purposes.

4) This one is free. <rant about school> Get a better
interface for the database of student records. It was
written 2 years ago for a huge school system. Yuba
only has 4 campuses and 3 satellite locations, what is
up with all the codes for everything? Who wasn't
thinking? </rant about school>.