[CS-FSLUG] can't get graphical boot

Robert W. robertwo at access-4-free.com
Sat Jun 12 21:10:47 CDT 2004

On 06/11/2004 01:47:56 PM, David M. wrote:
> I can't seem to get a graphical boot with mandrake anymore. I've
> tried
> all the
> boot modes and it still boots with text and no graphics.

Graphical login is initmode 5. Is the dm (display manager) service
running? Under Mandrake's Control Center...
1) Go to System.
2) Go to DrakXServices.
3) Look for "dm".
4) It should say "running" in the second column.
5) If not...
   a) Check the "On Boot" box.
   b) Click the "Start" button.

If that doesn't work, let me know and maybe we can think of some other
ideas.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at access-4-free.com

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love
him, who have been called according to his purpose. -- Romans 8:28