[CS-FSLUG] Anybody use Verizon DSL

l4c l4c at thelinuxlink.net
Thu Jun 10 18:31:12 CDT 2004

Jerry VB wrote:
> I'm considering getting Verizon DSL. I was just wondering if anyone here is using it. Are they a good DSL provider? Do you recommed them? If not, who do you recommend?
>
> I have three machines in my home that I will want to network together. I'm thinking that going wireless is the best(?)/easiest(?) way to go. Okay, all of you DSL users out there, let me here your recommendations, war stories, successes, etc. I want to know if it's worth the time, hassle and cost.
>
> jerry

I have verizon DSL.  I use it with my unix machines because thats all I
have.  In the almost 2 years I have used them as my provider, they have
gone down twice.  They also increased my bandwidth and lowered my
monthly payments.
If you are going to be running Linux/Unix, I highly advocate them.  If
you will be using windows, be warry.  I see *lots* of complaints from
windows users about their service, but I am sure it's the fault of
windows and not verizon :-)

--
-Linc Fessenden