[CS-FSLUG] The Fast-Food Syndrome: The Linux Platform is Getting Fat

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Thu Jun 10 10:35:04 CDT 2004

On Thursday 10 June 2004 11:25, Ed Hurst wrote:

[snip]
> Then we agree. RH/SUSE are marketing to the easy-to-use crowd, which
is
> where Joe User comes in. Within limits, anything can be faster if you
> are willing to tweak -- thus becoming an aficionado. (That dulls your
> joke, Jukka :-D )

One of my points is that ease of use and "consumerability" (yuck!) does
not translate necessarily into "bloat". You could use easy-to-use
distros such as libranet, knoppix or vector linux.

Additionally, you could tweak Mandrake and get a very fast distro.
However, you can't do that with SUSE/Fedora/RH.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--
Prof. Eduardo Sanchez