[CS-FSLUG] Anybody fluent with PHP?

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Mon Jun 7 20:12:38 CDT 2004

On Monday 07 June 2004 08:56 pm, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> > I am trying so hard to understand classes and how to write them, but I
> > just
> > don't seem to grasp the concept.
> >
> > Anyone know of any good resources where I can learn more about classes
> > in php?
>
> 	Classes in php have never made sense to me, usually the instructors
> are confusing and I prefer just getting a php book. Sorry, I couldn't
> resist.
>
> 	I betcha O'Reilly has a good book on the subject...

I have PHP Advanced, Secure PHP Development, PHP 4 XML, and numerous other
titles and they all have a chapter or 2 on classes, but still hard to
understand.

I just found this good article on the web, so far, it has answered some of my
questions. I think i'll take a chance and see if I can write a class that
actually works now after reading this article:

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/rod19990601.php3?page=1

This guy was also mixed up and had trouble understanding, but now he's grasped
the concept and the article he wrote is excellent.

David M.