[CS-FSLUG] OpenBSD - apache license

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Sun Jun 6 21:15:24 CDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 10:06:30PM -0400, Brian Derr wrote:
[snip]
> Wow, I didn't even know Apache switched licenses.  It makes one wonder
> why groups keep changing their licensing when they know that people are
> going to shun them for it?  Take XFree86 for example, I have a feeling
> they are just going to die here in the near future because of their
> license issue.  Why change what works?

that is a good question.  in the case of xfree86, they went from
*dominating* the x arena in *nix to being cast off like yesterday's
socks in a just a few months.  six months ago, if you ran linux, you ran
xfree86, too.  in a couple months?  i doubt it.

how long will it take for apache to be forked and for the newly named
fork (whatever it may be) to become the dominant web server?
--
john-thomas
------