[CS-FSLUG] QOTW #5: Coffee and Tea

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Fri Jun 4 17:15:04 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 03:14:44PM -0400, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> I sent my mail in ISO-8859-1, which is, at least in regards to accents,
> compatible with ISO-8859-15. Which mail client do you use Brian? If you
> use mutt or some other commandline client, I think you'll need to set
> some environment variables.
>
> I have these on my /etc/profile file:
>
> export LANG=en_US
> export LC_ALL=en_US
> LC_CTYPE="iso_8859-1"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US"

I am indeed using mutt.  I checked LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE and this is
what I found

   LANG=C
   LC_ALL=POSIX
   LC_CTYPE=

I've never had problems with these settings before, but, then again I am
no expert on character sets and internationalization.

Any thoughts?

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7