[CS-FSLUG] In Who's Name?

l4c l4c at thelinuxlink.net
Thu Jun 3 22:10:24 CDT 2004

Christopher l Rose wrote:
> To all who serve and labor in Christ,
>
> I often bothered as I pray. This bother is a question of names. So often we pray in "Jesus" and yet, in Hebrew, our Lord's name is "Y'shua" or more specifically, "Joshua". While I am certain that our Lord knows our hearts and in whom it is that we pray in the name of. Still, when I pray I have to wonder about this. I know, it may seem a non-issue to most of us, but it is something to think about. I hope that my intentions here are understood. I merely desire to evoke some thought about how we pray and to give pause to consider to whom we pray.
>
> In Christ,
>
> Christopher Rose

Interesting question indeed...  My initial thoughts:
New Testament was written in Greek.  The Greek says:
"IhsouV" which modernized is "Iesous" or Jesus.
Now some will argue that that is *not* how it is in hebrew or aramaic
and they are absolutely correct.  **BUT** If we are to believe the NT
was written in greek by the apostles, we also have to believe they new
what Jesus' name was and how to write and pronounce it..

--
-Linc Fessenden