[CS-FSLUG] Shell Scripting - one liners

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Jul 30 13:47:29 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 14:12, Jukka Y wrote:
> On Friday 30 July 2004 21:05, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> >
> > That sounds like fun! Maybe we could recommend this sort of question to
> > Tim for his Question of Week posts sometime. :-)
> >
> > JSR/
> >
> Please...no. That type of questions would certainly make me out of the game.
> My level is still more in coffee-taste questions...:-D

lol, I've been surprised with how quickly shell scripting can be picked
up once you are comfortable on the cli. I'd highly recommend putting
your hand to it a bit when you get a chance. If you are interested, I
have a few articles online I wrote while I was learning very basics. I
tried to be painfully detailed in writing.

There are also a number of other good resources out here... You might
notice that I'd be interested in seeing shell scripting become the topic
of more discussions around here. :-)

JSR/