[CS-FSLUG] Hit By "Anti-Santy" Worm

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Thu Dec 30 18:25:44 CST 2004

My server got hit... not by the dreaded Santy worm, but the Anti-Santy
worm. Seems, from what I can tell, searches for vulnerable copies of
phpBB and tries to fix them. I can't figure out what site it used to
get into my server, but its there.

The complete scoop:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358708

I seem to have halted it in its tracks. Hey Chris, from what you've
seen cleaning up your Debian server, did you have to do anything other
than halt the worm? It was running as nobody, so as far as I can tell,
it wasn't able to actually hurt the integrity of this server...

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |