[CS-FSLUG] Prayer Request

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Wed Dec 29 09:14:21 CST 2004

Perhaps we could join in a prayer like the one mentioned in this post
I've found at blogs4God:

http://www.blogs4god.com/linker/article.php?a=001857

> I grew up in northern California and am no stranger to earthquakes --
> I was in elementary school when the Loma Prieta quake hit 15 years ago
> and postponed the Word Series. My knowledge of how bad earthquakes can
> be has made the hair on my body stand up as I read the accounts of the
> devastation of the earthquake that hit the Indian Ocean a few days
> ago. It has been a call for me and others to pray.
> >
> From the Occasional Services book of the ELCA:
> >
> > We pray to you, almighty God, in this time of sadness, mourning, and
> > need after the Indian Ocean earthquake. You are our refuge and
> > strength, a very present help in time of trouble. Do not let us fail
> > in the face of these events. Uphold us with your love, and give us
> > the strength we need. Help us in our confusion, and guide our
> > actions. Heal the hurt, console the bereaved and afflicted, protect
> > the innocent and helpless, and deliver any who are still in peril;
> > for the sake of your great mercy in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
>
> As Dean said before, let us know some charity links that need the
> funds and will get them to the victims expediently. To those in Asia
> and Africa who are affected, God be with you and may the peace of God
> that passeth all understanding keep your hearts and minds in the
> knowledge of Jesus Christ our Lord.

Blessings,

Eduardo

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 15:44, Don Parris wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:13:58 -0500, Alvin Smith <email at alvinsmith.com>
wrote:
> > Dear Brothers and Sisters,
> >
> > I want to ask all of you to join me in prayer for all of the
survivors of the
> > disaster in south Asia.
> >
> > --
> Indeed.  It's absolutely gut-wrenching. :-(
>
> Don
> --
> DC Parris GNU Evangelist
> http://matheteuo.org/
> gnumathetes at gmail.com
> Free software is like God's love -
> you can share it with anyone anywhere anytime!

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
 Come, fill the Cup, and in the Fire of Spring
 The Winter Garment of Repentance fling:
   The Bird of Time has but a little way
 To fly--and Lo! the Bird is on the Wing.

 -- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam