[CS-FSLUG] the continueing saga of VMWare

Wade A Smith warm38 at juno.com
Tue Dec 28 21:06:49 CST 2004

My system is a desktop with SuSE 9.2 (unsupported by VMWare -- while
9.1 is supported).  Booting up the virtual Win98SE gave me the
"run FDISK" response.  Some fine folks here suggested that it was
OK to do so.  I did. IT WORKED!  I even formatted the 40GB "C drive".

Now I'm trying to find out how to "boot from CD"  It will not
recognize the CDRW and DVD-+RW drives, nor will it recognize
that there is anything in the drive.

Next opportunity I get, I'll try the vmware.com forum (not easy to
get on at doze-off -- AKA, "dial-up" -- speeds).

wade, still in Flour-dough, the Plywood State (courtesy CFIJ)