[CS-FSLUG] I had enough.

David M. david at davidcentral.net
Tue Dec 28 06:06:42 CST 2004

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 04:14 am, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> This is pasted from my blog:
> I finally had enough. Yesterday I tried to do a trivial sort of a list
> that is part of a larger LaTeX document. Well, it turned out that I
> can’t unless I pipe the list (and only the list) to sort, or I fire up
> a full-blown spreadsheed like Gnumeric or KSpread and re-type the whole
> list.
>
> This is frustrating, disturbing, and innecessary. How did I got myself
> into messes such as this one? Well, I had to recognize that most of
> these annoyances are directly tied to my choice of operating systems;
> and thus, I made a decision. I had enough.
>
> Tomorrow, as soon as I can find a free slot in my office, I’m going to
> repartition my hard disk. After a thorough backup, I’ll try Windows XP
> SP 2 as my only operating system on this machine.
>
> I’m tired of the fiddling. I need something that just works.

I´m too afraid of Windows to even consider fetching mail on it. I might have
to fiddle around and configure things on linux, but it´s far better than
worrying about crackers and viruses and trojan horses and pop-ups and
security holes in IE and the list goes on.....

A month or 2 ago I was playing Sim City 3000 and I decided to look up some
hints and tips for the game, so I went off googling. I clicked on an
interesting link for some hints and tips and all the sudden I got pop-up
after pop-up and found myself scrambling to close the windows. Well somewhere
in the shuffle I must have accidently clicked on the wrong button, because
once I got back to my desktop, my wallpaper had been changed with a message
that my computer had been cracked or whatever it said.

It was like 11pm and I was too tired to fix the problem, guess what I did? I
rebooted to linux and went to bed with a peace of mind.

Next morning, I popped in my restoration CD and restored windows.

I wish you luck, because your gonna need it buddy :-)

--
David M.