[CS-FSLUG] Mobo puzzle

James W. Thompson, II jwthompson2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 22:24:33 CST 2004

Could be a VESA slot with a loopback card, that would be kind of odd
though. If no one else knows I'll ask our lead hardware dude at the
seminary cause he can probably recite that mobos specs since the
school had a ton of them and still has some working, although not in
service.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:52:21 -0600, Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> wrote:
> Someone sent me a box of used computer parts. In it was a mobo that
> looked unused. I finally identified it as a Gateway 2000 P5-166. The
> CPU is already on it. There are the usual 3 ISA slots, 4 PCI slots, and
> right where the newer boards have an AGP slot, this one has something
> different. I've never seen it before, but the slot is brown, just a bit
> longer than a PCI, but notched in the middle like a memory slot. It has
> this odd looking chip already in it, and vaguely resembles a SDRAM, but
> isn't long enough. The Gateway site doesn't offer any info. Can anyone
> tell me?
>
> --
> Ed Hurst

James W. Thompson, II (New Orleans, LA)