[CS-FSLUG] Re: Linux: Fewer Bugs Than Rivals

James W. Thompson, II jwthompson2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 22:30:02 CST 2004

The issue I would think with the quality of FOSS over proprietary is
that FOSS developers know their work will be publicly viewable and
since status in the FOSS community has long been built on reputation
and skill, someone wouldn't want to get known for writing bug-ridden
or sloppy code.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:20:27 -0500, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> At 11:16 PM 12/15/04, Frank Bax wrote:
> >http://www.wired.com/news/linux/0,1411,66022,00.html
> >
> >Linux advocates have long insisted that open-source development results in
> >better and more secure software. Now they have statistics to back up their
> >claims.
>
> The author appears to claim that when 985 bugs have been corrected in the
> Linux 2.6 kernel, it will be bug-free!

James W. Thompson, II (New Orleans, LA)