[CS-FSLUG] Christian FOSS News/Portal Site

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Dec 14 13:16:29 CST 2004

The main issue we are dealing with is not making a site that handles everything, but rather
using tools that can handle the various needs out there.  For example, if we had some sort
of tool that allowed [missions, churches, bibleschools, etc.] to manage their "postings",
where they could build and maintain all of them locally, but the RSS feeds went to the
respective server that hosted the particular topics...  Something like that.  So the
organizations do not have to hunt high and low to find a spot to post their particular
item.

The Christian news / technical discussion server is a similar type of thing, but an
individual topic or a few of many.  I would not hold up the creating of a Christian
slash-dot until we have this question worked out.  The end result will be about the same,
and it will probably not be difficult to change servers to whatever the ICTA team finds
would work out the best.  (Or build a portal between the two.)

    - Tim Young