[CS-FSLUG] Christian FOSS News/Portal Site

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Tue Dec 14 10:38:17 CST 2004

> I most certainly do think there is enough news, since I'm already contributing
> to Ark Linux I could always give you some ideas of whats going on there if
> you want to mention it. Also Fred seems to know of a lot of news items that
> you won't find on the mainstream news and as I recall Groundhog used to write
> short reviews of software on his own site. Josiah and a few others in the
> list use Gentoo so they would have access to a lot of software before the
> rest of us and might be able to write previews of new features in software
> that hasn't yet made it into the latest stable distribution releases. If we
> still don't have enough news we could always do like what OSNews and Slashdot
> do and write a short summary and link to another interesting news article, I
> know I'd be more then happy to share my interest in custom computers and case
> mods with visitors on the site.

I would put in a word of caution here to make sure we aren't
re-inventing the wheel.  If we can have extra content that's not on
Slashdot and the others and have links to the other news sites, as well,
then I say fine.  But if we just want our own playground to put up the
same stuff that's already on the other news sites, then I would say no.

Don's idea sounds good (if I read it correctly) as a supplement to the
other sites, but with a Christian slant.  If we can stay with that, then
I think it would be good, but if we just try to do what the others are
doing I would say no.