[CS-FSLUG] Mobo dying?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Dec 11 20:50:41 CST 2004

On Sat December 11 2004 3:36 pm, Ed Hurst wrote:
> Just to confirm my suspicion, I would like to ask the hardware experts
> here. Just the past few days, my system is unable to completely
> communicate with the PCI slots. I can get detection of hardware, but
> none of it functions.
>
> Three different souncards, detected and driver working. System thinks
> the sound is going through, but there's nothing. Speakers work fine with
> other systems.
>
> Five different NICs. Same story. Detected, configured, working according
> to system info, but nothing happens. Ping says it can't get past the
> card, and the lights don't flash on the switch. I've been careful to
> configure each one, and establish a proper route in the tables, and
> everything shows it ought to be there.
>
> ISA cards, bridged via PCI, aren't detected at all. All other hardware
> seems to be working fine.

'Sounds like a chipset problem, which if is correct, the MOB will be "dead"
before long. I did have a BIOS "go south" in a MOB years ago and the symptoms
were simular. 'Asus MOB = cheap price and CHEAP construction.

Fred

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."