[CS-FSLUG] Mobo dying?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Dec 11 14:36:22 CST 2004

Just to confirm my suspicion, I would like to ask the hardware experts
here. Just the past few days, my system is unable to completely
communicate with the PCI slots. I can get detection of hardware, but
none of it functions.

Three different souncards, detected and driver working. System thinks
the sound is going through, but there's nothing. Speakers work fine with
other systems.

Five different NICs. Same story. Detected, configured, working according
to system info, but nothing happens. Ping says it can't get past the
card, and the lights don't flash on the switch. I've been careful to
configure each one, and establish a proper route in the tables, and
everything shows it ought to be there.

ISA cards, bridged via PCI, aren't detected at all. All other hardware
seems to be working fine.

--
Ed Hurst

---