[CS-FSLUG] Networking details #3 -- partly working

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Dec 9 15:26:56 CST 2004

FreeSBIE User wrote:
> Hey Ed,
> I don't know where you are on your networking problem, but I just
> discovered this:
> http://www.freesbie.org/
>
> It's a FreeBSD live CD distribution. I'm composing this email on it
> right now! I d'nld the iso, burnt it, booted it, and Voila! I'm running
> FreeBSD! I know you use dialup, so if you like I can burn you a cd and
> snail mail it to ya. Is there any config files I could email to you? My
> setup is:
>
> my box ->LinkSys Router ->Westell DSL modem -> Internet
>
> I know it's not the same as yours, but something might help you.

Thanks Jerry, I have a copy. However, the most useful thing would be
anything related to the firewall. If you have an /etc/rc.conf it will
mention if there is one, and what kind is running. Since you are running
off a CD, there's hardly any point of concern, though, so there might
not be one.

--
Ed Hurst