[CS-FSLUG] Networking details #3 -- partly working

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Wed Dec 8 14:07:42 CST 2004

Josiah Ritchie wrote:

> watching tcpdump from the external interface (-i ppp0) you can see if
> the traffic goes out or isn't coming in.

That would be tun0 on FreeBSD. I already know it's not getting out from
other places. Mostly, it logs as denied in my firewall.

The curious thing is something I've never seen: logging of connections
denied using what looks like my dynamically assigned IP from the ISP.
That is, something between these two machines is attempting to connect
to port 80 on other machines, but looks to be using my temporary IP via
the ethernet interface. That's a whole 'nother mess to look at.

--
Ed Hurst