[CS-FSLUG] Networking details #2 (slapping myself)

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Dec 7 23:35:32 CST 2004

Frank Bax wrote:
> In order for the two machines to ping each other, you should only need to
> configure each machine with a 192.168.0.x ip address.  That would be a good
> first test.

Per previous advice, I used 192.168.1.x. Windows knows it's number, and
it says the connection is enabled. I ended up having to replace my own
card. I got it configured, and it knows that it looks for 192.168.1.2
via the NIC interface. At first, pinging gave me a "denied" error. Then
I remembered to include ICMP 8 in my firewall to pass. Then I got a
"network down" response. Am I to suppose it's the fault of her ZoneAlarm?

--
Ed Hurst