[CS-FSLUG] Strange log messages

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Dec 7 12:08:29 CST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 10:32 -0600, Tim Young wrote:
> Jerry, Now I am very curious.  (I had never run into this before)  Was this a
> clean install, or when did the "marking" start?  Mainly I am trying to figure
> out where and how it happened so I can remember it better if someone ever asks
> me about it.  What distro do you use?
>
>     - Tim Young

I'm not Jerry, but I seem to remember it having more to do with
syslogger program. I'm using syslog-ng now but when I ran into it I was
probably using sysklogd. Here is a man page for you.
http://www.rt.com/man/syslogd.8.html

I'm betting it was either default for the program or a default Gentoo
config that I noticed one day in my logs. Seems like it could be a handy
feature for reading logs.

JSR/