[CS-FSLUG] Not like the world

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Dec 1 17:25:52 CST 2004

On Wed December 1 2004 4:48 pm, Alvin Smith wrote:

[snip]

> How can we maintain that one OS is evil and another is virtuous based on
> men and their motivations?  How many know that Linus is an atheist?
>  Software is just a tool that is to be used for the glory of God and for
> the building of His Kingdom regardless of the licensing philosophy.

[snip]

Alvin, you know nothing of Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer - that is obvious. I
don't have the time nor the space here to list all of the immoral and illegal
acts these two and their company have committed. Yes. Linus is an atheist,
but there's a HUGE difference between what he has done in business (honesty
ves despicable illegal actions of Gates). Not to mention the THOUSANDS of
dollars given to Planned Parenthood to kill the unborn, and other liberal
groups. Yes, we're to pray for them and love them. But, that has nothing to
do with telling the truth about the company and what it and they have done!
Finally, I'm beginning to get pastors to realize that supporting M$ is
contrary to their beliefs. 'Slow process.

Fred

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."