[CS-FSLUG] Not like the world

Alvin Smith email at alvinsmith.com
Wed Dec 1 15:48:02 CST 2004

Brothers,

Please forgive me if I am out of order here.

I have two issues:

1.  Our response to B Gates.
2.  Our response to MS vs Linux.

As Christians, does anyone disagree that our response to BG is to love him?
Matt 5:48.  Verbal abuse gets us nowhere.  The World responds this way.  We
however have been called out. to respond in a decidedly differrent manner,
like Christ.  How does the use of verbal assault against BG promote the cause
of Jesus Christ or the concept of "Kingdom Building"?

Our enemy is not BG, nor is it MS, nor is it any flesh.  Eph 6:12.

How can we maintain that one OS is evil and another is virtuous based on men
and their motivations?  How many know that Linus is an atheist?  Software is
just a tool that is to be used for the glory of God and for the building of
His Kingdom regardless of the licensing philosophy.

Before you drive a nail, do you always stop to contemplate the motives of the
maker of the hammer?

Yes, I choose Linux.  Not because I hate MS, but because I believe it is
better.  I also believe it is the best choice for the Church as well for many
reasons.

II Cor 5:18-20 surely guides us in our response to the machinations of the
world system.

peace,
--
Alvin Smith