[CS-FSLUG] In Case You Haven't Read Already...

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 14:31:06 CST 2004

I got an answer from a euro-representative who I mentioned
(http://www.korhola.com/index.php?sivu=yhteystiedot&kieli=uk).

I hope this helps some (so it doesn't look not so much like "pretty
petty thing to agitate over" :).  I just wish I could write in finnish
- this feels way too difficult/theorethical topic for a simple english
I am capable to... ;)

First she pointed me a press-relese of the political group she belongs:
http://www.epp-ed.org/Press/showPR.asp?PRControlDocTypeID=1&PRControlID=3010&PRContentID=5737&PRContentLg=en

Secondly she mentioned that it is possible to find many links from
Google using words "EU" and "Christian Heritage":
http://www.google.fi/search?hl=fi&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%2BEU+%2B%22Christian+Heritage%22&btnG=Hae&meta=

As her personal opinion she wrote she has always supported christian
heritage to get mentioned in EU's constitution. She thinks it deserves
to get mentioned (as well as any other european heritage) because it
is a historical fact.  It's purpose is to be like a reminder of
christian values (like caring of the weaker people) - which are not
always "aristotelic".

Her personal opinions reflect also some of mine.

In addition I think European Union (and it's legistlation system) is
just beginning to take a shape. Member states have been driven into a
union by economical reasons, so other values may get "sold" easily. It
will affect to everyone, because member states have to unify their
legal systems with EU (no matter even if the majority in individual
state may think differently). Constitution is important - it most
probably will be referred as a reason/base for smaller, "derivative"
things.

But anyway, I am happy, that in the end everything is in God's hands.

Blessings,
Jukka