[CS-FSLUG] Extranet solution

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Aug 24 09:47:22 CDT 2004

This has been kicking around in my head for a bit, and I think I have a
possible guess as to the reason the page loads so slowly under a windows
browser but not a text one.  It is probably a DNS issue where the server
is trying to resolve the DNS of the client you are connecting up with.
If that is the case, you may be able to turn off the "load images" from
your browser.  (Firefox and Mozilla allow you to do this on a
site-by-site basis)  That could be easier than using Links or Lynx.

The preferred solution, of course, would be to get the DNS working on
the server, as that would probably fix the problem for everyone.

	- Tim